News > Social Network Is One of the Defining Pillars of the Activities of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) during the Covid-19 Pandemic
Social Network Is One of the Defining Pillars of the Activities of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) during the Covid-19 Pandemic
Dr. Meroe Vameghi, Head of the Social Welfare Management Research Center at the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, in a research entitled "Initiatives and Challenges of NGOs in the Covid-19 pandemic in Iran? stated that social network is one of the defining pillars of the activities of NGOs during the Covid-19 pandemic.
She pointed out that the Covid-19 pandemic has been a unique experience for Iranian NGOs, and its broad and special features such as the need for social distancing, widespread closure of jobs and the reduction of people's incomes have differentiated it from other crisis and caused NGOs to simultaneously work hard on several aspects in order to care for the most vulnerable populations against the covid-19 pandemic and its consequences, and to maintain the performance of their organization.
Dr. Vameghi also clarified that lack of readiness to face a major crisis to the scale of this global pandemic (structures, human resources, equipment, and suitable physical spaces), weak infrastructure and inefficient use of social network, paramount reduction of financial resources, and lack of services of organizations are the most important NGOs challenges have been facing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The findings revealed that the NGOs in this study have taken a series of measures to prevent the target population of their centers from becoming infected with covid-19 and to reduce the direct and indirect consequences of the pandemic. These actions are the initiatives of NGOs in providing services.
She mentioned that the theme of service initiatives spans across five sectors: "health service, education, livelihood, employment and leisure" and added that these organizations provide services related to the prevention of disease and its consequences too. Over and above, these organizations continue to provide their previous services despite facing challenges which also fall into the following four categories: "Challenges of health services, education, livelihood and employment."
15:23 - 2021/03/03 / 18591 / 233
- The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR) ranked 1001-1200th in Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022
- Message from the Chancellor on the demise of innocent Afghanistan Students
- The Secretariat of "National Covid-19 Social Observatory" Is Formed in University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Dr Rouhani in a message on the occasion of Nowruz: The winter of hardship is coming to an end with the end of the winter of nature/ In 1399, coronavirus doubled the difficulty of sanctions and economic war for Iranians/ The experience of 4 years proved that the wrong path can be corrected by tact and interaction
- Supreme Leader hails Iranians' strength in message on New Year
- The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR) Announced Readiness to Establish a Surveillance Center for Social Impacts of the Covid-19
- Based on the Results of a Study with a New Invention by Physiotherapists: Wearing High Heels Can Cause Increased Curvature in the Lower Back and Lead to injuries/vulnerabilities