News > The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR) Announced Readiness to Establish a Surveillance Center for Social Impacts of the Covid-19
The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR) Announced Readiness to Establish a Surveillance Center for Social Impacts of the Covid-19
Dr. Khankeh, Chancellor of the USWR in a meeting with Dr. HamidReza Jamshidi, Secretary of the National Headquarter for fight against the Covid-19 at the Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MHME) announced the university's readiness to establish an observatory to study the Covid-19 social effects.
Dr. Jamshidi emphasized the importance of social issues in public health and various social issues regarding the prevalence of Covid-19 and their impact on increasing or decreasing the prevalence of this disease in Iran. He added that considering the social differences of Iran community compared to other countries, global measures and programs in this regard should be customized with attention to Iranian-Islamic culture.
Referring to the view point of one of the participating professors who considered it necessary to have a tool to measure the social impact of Covid-19, he said: specialists of this university can collect information from reputable centers and organizations such as Iran Statistics Center and their expertise to provide the necessary tools.
Dr. Jamshidi also recommended that the social health specialists of the USWR will hold a series of meetings with deputies of the MHME and media officials in order to convey specialized views in informing, educating and directing society to be involved in the goals of the health system.
Dr. Khankeh added: according to the special mission of the university, establishment of a policy institute in rehabilitation and development of a social health research network are in the university programs and are being pursued to achieve these goals.
Referring to the Covid-19 situation in Iran and the world and the World’s challenges in this regard, he stressed the importance of risk assessment in crisis and risk management. He added USWR can observe the Covid-19 social effects and assessment permanent risk to achieve the necessary solutions and turn the specialized language into the language of the people as well as convey the opinions and suggestions of the people to experts and policy makers.
Control of hallucinations and stress, neighborhood-based actions and use of neighborhood social capital, caring programs for vulnerable groups, identification of vulnerable families and meeting their needs, attention to healthy social interactions, integrated management based on a roadmap to identify needs, comprehensive participation and multidisciplinary interventions to meet the needs were among the suggestions of faculty and social health professionals to reduce the social impact and harm caused by Covid-19.
10:06 - 2021/03/17 / 18720 / 355
- The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR) ranked 1001-1200th in Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022
- Message from the Chancellor on the demise of innocent Afghanistan Students
- The Secretariat of "National Covid-19 Social Observatory" Is Formed in University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Dr Rouhani in a message on the occasion of Nowruz: The winter of hardship is coming to an end with the end of the winter of nature/ In 1399, coronavirus doubled the difficulty of sanctions and economic war for Iranians/ The experience of 4 years proved that the wrong path can be corrected by tact and interaction
- Supreme Leader hails Iranians' strength in message on New Year
- The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR) Announced Readiness to Establish a Surveillance Center for Social Impacts of the Covid-19
- Based on the Results of a Study with a New Invention by Physiotherapists: Wearing High Heels Can Cause Increased Curvature in the Lower Back and Lead to injuries/vulnerabilities